Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Raleigh joins the herd..

Brought this sweet girl home over the weekend. Early 1970's Raleigh Gran Sport, 531 straight gauge tubes, and forks, High Ten stays. Built at the Carlton factory in Woksopp. 4th from the top on the Raleigh hierarchy.. Professional, International, Competition, Gran Sport, Super Course... 



She has some years on her but I plan on making her shine. here are some more pics

More pictures

I hope to be able to get some new Panaracer Pasela tires on her ,new cables and tape. It also came with a weathered Wrights Saddle. Very excited about this one.

While i was at RCB, I also pulled out a wrecked Motobecane Jubilie Sport, the poor thing had a been in an accident so the top and down tubes were wrinkled and creased, but the full suntour blue line group was intact and ready for me to scavenge. I plan on installing the BL group on this bike and replacing the simplex group that is worn and broken. not sure on how the shifters will work, but we shall see. until next time... keep the wheel side down!

No comments:

Post a Comment