Wednesday, June 18, 2014

So to start out, I wanted to write about the last couple of bikes I came across. This past week I found a vintage Mixte bike on CL for only 20 bucks?!? after closer inspection, it definitely needed some work, I spent most of father's day cleaning it off and rebuilding it top to bottom, new tires, cables, grips, and a full tune up to boot. Took about 3.5 hours to accomplish, but afterwords, I think I will have something worthwile. Mixte frames are quite popular and because of the cheap price of the bike, I am able to sell it at a higher profit. hopefully somebody can look past the scratch marks and dings, and see the true spirit of this bike.

the bike came kitted out with suntour, and amazingly its all still very functional. Even the freewheel, spun better than any spare in my part box. 
The company "Vista" is new to me, apparently they were big in the 70's during the bike boom. By looking on the label of the bike it says it was built in Japan exclusively for India? interesting. Maybe it originated in india, then made its way to the states? that would explain the scratches and dings in the paint. It originally came with drops instead of a riser bar, but I wanted to make the bike more comfortable to ride, so I switched to the riser. Not sure if I like it or not. I think it needs some swept back bars instead, sort of like whats on my Raleigh Sports. Maybe I will find some at RCB... till next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment